Ribbon has a way of turning itself into a big mess of knots. Here are five ways to keep it — as well as twine — in order:
- Make a low-budget DIY ribbon dispenser: Put spools of ribbon onto dowels (chopsticks could work too), then place in a basket with holes; thread ribbon ends out through the holes. By Halsey on Spunky Junky.
- Thread spools of ribbon onto a multi-tiered pants hanger. Found on the Creating Keepsakes blog.
- Wind ribbons around cards, then keep in an over-the-door clear pocket organizer. From AllPeopleQuilt.com.
- Store bakers twine in a sugar dispenser pulling the end out through the opening. From the Whisker Graphics blog (makers of Divine Twine).
- Use an old spice rack. By Natalie Jost as featured on the Papernstitch blog (original source link not available).
- Hang rolls on tension rods hung in a bookcase. Bonus idea: mount a ruler to the shelf below for measuring ribbon on the spot. By Karen on Sew Many Ways.
How do you keep your ribbons organized? Let me know in the comments.
+ Photo by Corinna vanGerwen